[Dixielandjazz] free Booze in the USA

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 12:42:59 PDT 2007

We just about always get free booze at corporate gigs, weddings, (meals
too), private parties, country clubs, etc. And like Bob Ringwald says, free
coffee and/or soda on club gigs.

Some clubs do supply free drinks to us if we don't abuse the privilege. One
of the best ways to get free drinks if in doubt, is to tip the bartender up
front when asking for a drink. About 50% of the time that results in free
booze for the rest of the night.

I think where the clubs/restaurants know you, and you don't get blind drunk,
they will treat you pretty well. At least that's true here in the Philly
area. But like Bob says, the chains are a little different and much tougher
to get a comped drink from.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone