[Dixielandjazz] The State of Traditional Jazz in the UK

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 00:46:51 PDT 2007

Hello,
A few years ago I met an excellent British swing trumpeter in Breda,
the Netherlands.  He was living in Germany at the time, and when I
enquired why, he said that had he stayed in the UK, he might be
playing a few weekends a year, while in Germany he could make a living
playing jazz.  Which probably explains why the Germans pay musicians
expenses, while in the UK it is less common (I may be wrong, but I
believe that in Bude they are at least given free beer).
Cheers,
Marek