[Dixielandjazz] Doin' theHambone

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Apr 27 10:46:05 PDT 2007

Ginny,

Thanks for that group link!

I think the bones are as you say, dried cow rib bones or similar
shaped wood slats. They are mostly played on the upper thigh (ham)
part of the leg. It would be pretty hard to play a thigh bone (see
the opening part of "2001 A Space Odyssey" for a demonstration of
that bone in action ;-)

Dave Richoux