[Dixielandjazz] EveryOKOM Lover should read this!!

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 10:38:44 PDT 2007

I appreciated this article, Steve.  I often refer to my favorite music  as
Dixieland, particularly with people with whom I know that term has
communicative capacity.  In my area the term, Dixieland, is more familiar  than Trad or
Classic.  In fact, classic jazz as a term in St. Louis  is almost always
referring to bop.  And yet, I'm not fond of  needing to call it Dixieland in order to
convey a sense of genre or style.   I know my favorite word for the genre is
"Jass".  In fact my fingers  usually try to type that word in and I have to
correct to Jazz.  But again,  when the singular word, Jazz, is used most minds
go to bop.  Same as when  singular word, banjo, is used, minds go to bluegrass.
 Just describing the  way it appears to me to be in this neck of the woods at
least.
Ginny

In a message dated 4/27/2007 9:52:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,