[Dixielandjazz] Pay Scales

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 8 16:15:25 PDT 2007

[snip]

> As a long time Union member I know what has been going on for a number
> of years. I do want to remind you that the Union is YOU, not the
> building or the people that work there.  If you don't come to
> meetings, get rid of sorry officers, come up with effective by-laws
> and generally get involved, then you get what has happened to the AFM.

Well said Dave Hanson.
I have been a member of the Union for 45 years and have my 40-year
Honorary Life Membership Certificate to prove it.
Unhappily, like everywhere else the Musicians Union in Australia (like
unions generally) is in decline.
Dying out with old fossils like me and shunned by underpaid youngsters
(who ignore the value in bonding together) putting up with much lower
fees than were fought for and negotiated on their behalf in the
'good-old-days'.
You reap what you sow.
There, that feels better!
Back to the research and discography.