[Dixielandjazz] Regarding BMI...FROM JOHN SOULIS

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 21:55:48 PDT 2007

Yep He is absolutely correct:

They are and have destroyed and closed more establishments than
anything else in this country.
Not only that they are set up like a Ponzi scheme with almost all the
revenue still flowing back to the starting and controlling members of
the organization + all their out of control expenses and legal fees  to
keep bullying all the little guy into either submission or going out of
 the business or presenting or eve allowing Live music.

Like the Unions of yesterday they have long outlived their actual
usefulness and have become totally corrupt in the name  of Protecting
the poor songwriter who has been dead for forty or fifty years, and the
rights sold off for pennies on the dollar.  But not unlike other
opinion in our society if you speak out against them you are labels a
TRAITOR and it is quickly seconded by that one in a million token guy
who actually gets a $12.00 to $100.00 check form them once a year or
less.  He proudly touts it and brags about getting royalty checks to
all his buddies who swallow the bait and sing up for the next
generation of swindles.   Ever notice the music behind television and
radio commercials folks and how it is almost always a recognizable
popular song of days gone by.  Why because the culprits own the
publishing rights to the song and just keep on recycling it for more
royalties that they do not pass down to the original songwriters or
their estates.

It is safer to walk barefooted through a Rattlesnake or Cobra farm than
to try and do business with those snakes.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins