[Dixielandjazz] Regarding BMI...FROM JOHN SOULIS

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 22:05:50 PDT 2007

Well I do like your approach to it better Paul, but having been in
a copyright infringement suit with the RIAA and BMI & ASCAP and the FBI
and,
the court system I can assure you that the Licensing organization
definitely enforces
the copyright law because their lawyers show up in mass to intimidate
the court ,
  Judge and anybody else in the room and wins every time because nobody
wants to even
attempt to unravel the long trail of interpretations that they have
meticulously created over the past
sixty or better years to control it all.  Nobody save the US government
could possibly have
enough money to fight them and their barrage or charges and self
created formulas to back them up.

The only people who make any money in the end are the Lawyers and the
ASCAP and BMI  lawyers
  always get the lions share of it, I know because I won and they got
all the money anyway. :))

I refer back to my former post on this issue.

cheers,

Tom Wiggins