[Dixielandjazz] "New Orleans" Hoagie's That Is-

Martin Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 13:22:30 PDT 2006

Thimbles Gunter wrote:

  "(A)
If you've never seen a quaint old Southern city
Just think of New Orleans,

(A)
If you've never seen that town, boy, it's a pity,
There's nothing like New Orleans.

(B) (bridge)
It will remind you of old fashioned lace,
A glass of wine will greet your smiling face,

(A)
And if you ever see a black-eyed gal like mine, boy,
You know you're in New Orleans.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter

  A tune I dearly love; and Bill , I can't allow you to change
  the lyrics without my immediate objection. To whit- in the
  bridge, the words are:

  It will remind you old fashioned lace,
  Another smile will greet your smiling face,

  Marty "make mine Chardonnay" Nichols
  http://myspace.com/freemarty