[Dixielandjazz] Pandora Revisited

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Sep 28 20:33:51 PDT 2006

Hey, I'm still hanging out with Pandora.  Admittedly their OKOM library
is limited, but GOOD STUFF.  I hear lots of Louis, Bix, Red Nichols and
Peewee Russell.  Lots of Duke, Basie, and Isham Jones.  Once in a while
they wander off into bop and I have to give it a thumbs down, but
tonight especially, it's all good.  Right now it's a swinging Basie
version of "Somebody Stole My Gal" with of all things a few accordion
chords. Followed by At Sundown with Muggsy, then Bix and his Gang with
Riverboat shuffle.  It all sounds better since I just added a cheap
computer speaker system ($10) with a subwoofer.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA