[Dixielandjazz] The skinny on the Nichols Vitaphone short.

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 24 16:29:33 PDT 2006

This info, from Steve Hester, forwarded with permission:

> The soundtrack was recorded first.   As for the film....it was in bad shape.   If I remember right, they had to take stills from other parts to replace some of the damaged and missing ones.   They did use all frames that were not damaged.    I think that they did a terrific salvage job.   I also remember dad sending them information on the film....that they didn't have.

> ... they did a frame by frame restore...using other frames for the damaged ones.....but...if you do look at it....anyone going frame by frame can pick it out.   They did send us a vid before anyone had access to it.

> It really is a good restoration work...otherwise we would not have the marriaged film.

Anyone wanting to see a scan of Stan Hester's copy of the soundtrack
disc, just drop me a note offline...,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org