[Dixielandjazz] Swing

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 22 20:48:22 PDT 2006

Speaking of Swing, interested Listmates may want to check out WFMU's blog
about Charlie's Orchestra. (The Nazi Swing Band started as a propaganda ploy
by Josef Goebbels during World War II) Charlie's Orchestra was the subject
of some discussions on the DJML a few years ago.

Complete story, plus 2 albums of MP3 of this famous non-swinging Germanic
Oom Pah, swing band. Brings back memories for us old timers who remember WW
2. For example, check out Bye Bye Blackbird with lyric reference to Winston
Churchill and Bye Bye Empire, etc.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2005/12/still_more_nazi.html

Great fun to surf this site. WFMU is a sort of underground radio station in
NYC with locally famous personnel and the site has some neat posts.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone