[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 45, Issue 33

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Sep 22 15:20:51 PDT 2006

When I was young I started playing with Gary Dammer and the worst thing he
could say about a situation or player was that he didn't or couldn't swing..
I always lived in dread that he would say that about me.  For those of you
who don't know Gary he's a trumpet player who definitely swings.  His
understanding of jazz just simply exceeds almost everyone else.  He still
uses me so I guess I passed.
Larry
St. Louis