[Dixielandjazz] Danny Flores, who shouted "tequila!" on hit record, dies at 77

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Fri Sep 22 17:41:04 PDT 2006

I remember hanging out in early 1957 in a little hole in the wall bar in
downtown Long Beach where Danny Flores' band was playing.  Me and my
buddies had just gotten through college and were working at our first
jobs.  Danny used to play a song by Clarence "Frog Man" Henry called
"I'm a Lonely Frog" or something like that.  I don't remember hearing
Tequila.

Don Robertson