[Dixielandjazz] The Nearness of You

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Sun Sep 17 16:51:31 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

At the Sweet & Hot Music Festival, I was positively dreamy after one
artist¹s rendition of ³The Nearness of You.² (Ugh, drooling in public; I
hate when that happens!)

I would like to buy a CD with this song, but which CD? I could spend all day
on Google searches, listening to this and that, but it¹s so much easier to
narrow it down by asking all of you for your favorite recording of this
tune. I¹d prefer one that includes vocals since lyrics don¹t get much more
romantic than this. Still, the melody is a good one for jazz instrumental,
so include those suggestions, too.

I noticed that some include an intro with lyrics that I don't find at all
lyrics Web sites. Perhaps you can give me the background details on the
composer/lyricist as well. (Hoagy Carmichael and Ned Washington, correct?)

Thanks in advance!
Love and hugs,
Nancy