[Dixielandjazz] The Voice of

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 18:26:01 PDT 2006

Hi Roger and all:

We will:  unfortunately the long long trip and travel for us was indeed
exhausting ( 48 hours straight for the guys from S.F. Bay area,  Tom
Wiggins, Johnny Wilder, Bob Romans, James Levi, and Marc Bolin) :   a
little less for Steve Barbone and Paul Grant, but Buddy Apfel also had
a long trip, having missed a flight out of Phoenix and having to lay
over in New York on the way over.

We also had a missed flight on the way back, and had to lay over in NY
so I only got home yesterday, and jet lag is not helping the brain
recover at all.  We left Eilat at 3;00 A.M. ON FRIDAY MORNING , after
our last concert finished at 12:00 a.m.  :))  and got to bed in NY at
12:00 P.M. ON FRIDY NIGHT IN NY AND UP AGAIN AT 3;00 a.m. to get thru
security and make a &;15 flight to San Francisco.   Does not sound too
bad until your factor in that Israel is seven hours ahead of NY time
and ten hours ahead of S.F. time.

Did we enjoy it? you bet, and would we do it again tomorrow, I think
the answer to that would also be Yes from all of us, it was a great
experience and nothing is better than being on the road again making
music with your friends.  It was a special treat for me to be able to
hand pick some DJML list mates and have them accept the invitation to
go and play these concerts, I doubt that any one of them would not be
willing to go again to Eilat or any where else I invite them to
perform.  we were treated with respect ( which by the way as mentioned
by Steve )  we definitely earned with the first song)   :))   We proved
once again many of the things that Steve Barbone and I have been
preaching about on this list for several years.

I sincerely wish all of you could have been there with us, and I know
most of you were in spirit, rest assured the boys all performed
splendidly and made you and me very proud.

We will post more as the brain comes back into focus, and Bob has some
digital photos as well which I am sure he will be proud  to share with
you all.   I expect to have some as well shortly.

Eilat:  Nice place to visit, but would not want to live there :))
about 110 degrees most of the day and not a lot cooler in the nighttime
either.   wonderful people and fantastic hospitality.   Loved the Camel
Crossing signs along the highway. :))  And we did see some wild camels
as well as donkeys.   We all received a certificate of appreciation
 from the Minister of Tourism Mr. Isaac Herzog, naming us as a Tourism
Goodwill Ambassador for Israel.   To go along with their title for us "
Ambassadors of New Orleans".

Cheers,

Rev. Rabbi Tom-Bob Wigginstein