[Dixielandjazz] Is the CD dead? the rise of Silence?

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Oct 30 08:04:33 PST 2006

Another silence lover.  When I listen to music I really listen.  If I can't
hear it I don't want to listen.  I have been asked why I don't listen to
music like on the car radio.  Well most of the music is crap but that's
another issue.  If people are talking I don't like to listen to music and
only half listen to both.  Like a bricklayer who doesn't want to watch
others lay bricks I'm not all that enthusiastic about going to concerts.
Music to me is a profession and not a hobby.  I fly radio control models as
my hobby.  I go watch others fly and I like to take part in the various
activities.

I am involved in music almost my whole day in some way or another and when I
relax it isn't doing what I do all day.   Plumbers don't relax by tearing
out their pipes and re doing them.  I simply enjoy music on another plane
from most people and my concentration on it is also on another plane from
most people.
Larry
St. Louis