[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 08:00:59 PDT 2006

Jim is probably correct in his description of the problems of teaching
students. Most of the clarinet players I started over the years stuck with  it for
at least a year or two, trombonists gave up by the score after a few  weeks.
In addition to the bleating and mooings that the horn is capable of, the  slide
positions are a wonderland for kids. Always had more trouble finding a
trombone than a clarinet. However, the reed embouchure can also be lost from
non-practice
Recently bought a used clarinet for my adult son, who once played one in  the
school band. Tried it out before giving it to him as a gift. Couldn't get
anything above the octave key!!

Lat's hear it for those dedicated 'bone  players--                         Ted