[Dixielandjazz] Our Israel Jam session buddies in NYC Tuesday Night - was late night jazz

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 18:56:50 PDT 2006

Hey Tom, Bob, John et al who played with The Ambassadors of New Orleans in
Eilat at the Red Sea Jazz Festival.

The below band is at the Iridium in NYC tomorrow. Note that Paul Grant, John
Wilder, Steve Barbone and Buddy Apfel jammed in Israel with the Trombonist,
Ku-umba Frank Lacy, Bassist Boris Koslov, and Tenor Sax Wayne Escoffery
early that Wednesday morning at the Riviera Hotel outdoor courtyard.

Tunes? Among others, Sweet Georgia Brown with those two hot young singers
who came up on stage and later chatted up Buddy & I Want A Little Girl with
me singing to that 17 year old in the mini skirt. And Gonzalo Rubalcaba from
Cuba who joined in on piano when John finished his solo. What a session!!!

At about 4 AM or 5 AM as I recall. No fragile jazz musicians or audience in
the group that morning. The joint was jammed and jumping.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

MINGUS DYNASTY ROSTER (Septet) Tuesday, October l7,  2006 Iridium NYC.

Trumpet
Alex (Sasha) Sipiagin

Trombone
Ku-umba Frank Lacy