[Dixielandjazz] "Radio"

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 21:13:06 PDT 2006

Hi Steve,  Thanks for your compliments for St. Louis Banjo Club!   Tom Exler
did indeed do the vocals except on Radio and on Lida Rose on CD  #2.  Dave
Whistler did those--in fact it was Dave that introduced Radio to  St. Louis Club
via his admiration for Banu's version.  St. Louis Banjo Club  now has out a
second CD entitled Still Living in the Past.

I want to give applause to the tenor banjoist who is now Music Director for
St. Louis Banjo Club, banjoist on all the CDs of the St. Louis Classic
Stompers, and the latest CDs of the Jazz Incredibles, and Jeanne Kittrell  and St.
Louis Riverman.  Many of the single string licks and lead you  hear on the
banjo club CDs are coming from him also.  That jazz man is  Bobby Grimm, a peach
of a player and a peach of a guy--not to take away anything  from John Becker
who is also my fine friend.
Ginny
P.S. Write to Steve to find out how you can order these CDs by mail.   ( I go
to St. Louis Banjo Club twice a month, but don't know who to send an  order
too. ROFL.  i do know they are $15 or 2 for $30 not including mailing  costs.
P.P.S.  I just figured out--you have got to be Rusty's "kid".   Talk about a
Peach of a Guy--they didn't grow 'em any better--and still don't  than your
pop!!!  Love your mom, too!!!

In a message dated 10/16/2006 5:53:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,