[Dixielandjazz] Germs in instruments

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 22:08:28 PDT 2006

I don't suppose anybody ever thought about pouring a bottle of Hydrogen
Peroxide into the Bell and plugging up the mouthpiece end and letting
it boil itself out of al those nasty germs and gunk that may be
accumulated along the inside of the tubing. :))

Gee why didn't I think  of that, works for your teeth and gums does it
not, and or skin abrasions with infections or dead flesh around a sore,
and you could follow it up by running a bottle of rubbing alcohol thru
it or even a glass or two of white vinegar should also free up the gunk
and kill anything clinging to the sides.   Heck if it's good enough for
cleaning your coffee maker it ought to be safe in a horn.

What kind of music teachers are we hiring these days anyway :))

Bet they don't let the kids play any dirty notes either. :))

Cheers,

Tom dirty mind Wiggins  who never had a problem swapping germs with a
pretty female horn player  her mouth piece or mine makes no never mind.
   :))  oh but I forgot ya'll were being serious here :))  back to my
room.