[Dixielandjazz] Germs in instruments

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at alltel.net
Thu Oct 12 14:40:46 PDT 2006

Give me a bleeping break about the germs!  For brass, run sanitizer through
the horn!!!  Then rinse with hot water.  Better yet, run 140 degree-plus
water through the thing for two minutes, or lay the instrument in a bath of
boiling water for the same timeframe.  I don't know anything about the
woodwinds, but they are constructed in a straight line, with one 90-degree
bend in case of the saxes and bass clarinet--complete the same exercise.

I have an idea, anyone who wants to join me in this "instrument sanitizing"
nonsense, write me and we will develop a marketing/implementation plan for
the schools in our respective areas, and perhaps we can quit our day
jobs!!!!!

Steve Pendleton

A wee bit North of Atlanta