[Dixielandjazz] Germs in instruments

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Oct 13 08:12:26 PDT 2006

I prefer folding trombone slides in thirds and putting them in the microwave
for three or four minutes
Cornets will usually fit without folding as will clarinets.  Reduce the time
by about a minute.  Drums usually don't need to be sanitized ( depending on
the drummer) but drumsticks can be put in with the clarinets.  Tubas usually
won't fit in the microwave however Drano works.  Banjos are sanitized and
tuned at the factory and need little care in this regard although a little
Febreze helps.
Larry
St. Louis