[Dixielandjazz] Wild Bill Davison Art Hodes & John Petters videos on You Tube

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 11 09:59:27 PDT 2006

Greetings Folks,
I have uploaded to You Tube some video clips of my band over the years.

Perhaps the most interesting will be ‘Runnin’ Wild’ from the Legends of
American Dixieland Tour in May 1989 with Wild Bill Davison (aged 83) and
  Art Hodes (aged 85). I was a lot slimmer in those days! The gig was at
Norwich at the Labour Club and both the Americans were in sparkling form
with Bill blowing a superb two chorus solo. Art’s distinctive rolling
piano can be heard throughout driving the band along. The other
musicians were Campbell Burnap, trombone, Dave Bailey, clarinet and
Keith Donald, bass.  The link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aI7H2RM

 From our 2005 William Skespeare Festival at the Stratford Moat House
Hotel is ‘I Found A New Baby’ featuring young Allen Beechey, Wild Bill
influenced, Heather Birt, bass, Trevor Whiting, soprano sax and Martin
Litton, piano. This was from our set  dedicated to Bill and Bechet. The
link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stW83U_GimM

 From our regular Harlow venue, St John’s Arts Centre is a clip
featuring the drummer on ‘That’s A Plenty, with Chez Chesterman, cornet,
Trevor Whiting, Barry Palser, Keith Donald and Dave Moorwood/ The link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzC9RHxPYIQ

and finally from the Scarborough Traditional Jazz & Swing Festival – the
Benny Goodman set, is my solo from ‘I Want To Be Happy’, with Mark
crooks & Nick Dawson. The link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBEgIswzRPs

Comments welcome.
Cheers