[Dixielandjazz] Theory, or listening?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Oct 4 10:30:10 PDT 2006

>tell me about keys, not instruments....wrote Bill.

I seem to recall that the original thread referred to "hearing" a
difference, but I may be wrong & have merely bent the thread to my liking.

If we discuss hearing a difference, then I can state that I do hear a
difference between the sharp keys & the flat keys on my particular
instrument.

Is there a real difference between the keys, I suppose not.  But, if you
relate it to "listening", which is what one does with music, then...yes, a
difference can be heard by some, on some instruments.

Jim "yer ball, Bill (hee, hee)" Kash