[Dixielandjazz] Keys?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:29:51 PDT 2006

Hi Bob and all,

Thanks!

That's the first reply I've received yet that addresses the notion I'm
talking about. You have a good point.

There are those composers like Scriabin and Tschaikowski who have spoken
about this in the area of orchestration. They note that each key has its own
nature and color and has an impact on the particular key in which they will
score the opus.

That implies that Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C#minor would somehow have a
distinct and essential difference than the same composition played
transposed down a half step and that difference does not involve pitch. What
is that difference?

That is a concept far beyond my ability to grasp.

Cheers,

Bill