[Dixielandjazz] Star Dust

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 22:22:33 PDT 2006

Hi Russ,

  As a non-musician...  I'm not so sure that easier is alway better.  I'm an accountant and tend to be cost conscious...cheaper is not always better so I suspect in the musical world that easier may not always be better...  Better is a relative concept... sounds better, easier for the performer, audience likes it better, what other frame of refererence...

  Kay

Russ Guarino <russg at redshift.com> wrote:
  I often ask musical friends why a tune would be played in a key like Db when a
half a step down would be infinitely so much easier. The only answer I get is
that flat keys sound better.

What?

Russ Guarino
clarinet maven