[Dixielandjazz] Louis

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 2 17:39:31 PDT 2006

Dear Don,
Thank you for answering Rae Ann.
You saved my fingers.
I agree, those are the only 'talking' ones on CD that I know of.
However, intending purchasers be careful.
Although the 3 CD set on Jazz Unlimited JUCD 2003, 2004 and 2005 and the
Decca 'Autobiography 4 LP contain the talking parts (backed by Billy Kyle on
piano) the Louis sessions have also been issued MINUS the talking.
This includes (as I recall) the Mosaic 'Complete Decca Studio Sessions of
Louis Armstrong".
Check before you buy or downlaod.
I'm off to a musician's lunch, so can't verify this at the moment.
More later, if required.
Kind regards,
Bill.