[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: You wouldn't wanna buy a Jazz band would you? Oh didn't think so sorry!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 15:20:20 PDT 2006

Hey folks:

This add recently appeared on a classified Board for Musicians in the
San Francisco market:

This is a classic example of how not to market Jazz, and if this was
posted by one of this list members shame on you, or maybe you simply
know what your band is worth.  Inexpensive,  why not just advertise to
play for Free.

It is musicians who post ads like this in public places that have
deteriorated the live music scene all over this country and lost almost
all respect for musicians.   I know you'll just sell it to them for
$1.00 over cost.  So you get many calls away from all those "EXPENSIVE
JAZZ BANDS"   Well those folks will get what they pay for when they buy
this act, you can bet on it.

I took out the contact number to save you embarrassment in case it is
one of our less esteemed colleagues on this list.

Tom Wiggins

Subject: You wouldn't wanna buy a Jazz band would you?  Oh didn't think
so sorry!

     Inexpensive Jazz Trio for Hire

  Date: 2006-09-30, 6:22AM PDT

   I'm a smokey jazz singer with an amazing pianist and upright bass
player who perform regularly in the bay area...hire us for your party
and we'll cut you a deal if it's not on a Saturday! We perform Billie,
Ella, Sarah, Louis, and alot of the old 30's swing and blues...if
you're interested email me with a possible date and I'll direct you to
my website.....