[Dixielandjazz] The Downfall of the music industry.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 2 02:42:10 PDT 2006

> This is hysterical.<

Dear Steve,
Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Not really all that hysterical.
Fact.
I have been saying most of what is in that piece for years.
But why should I care anyway, the Robbers Dogs Jazz Band will never be
famous.
I just hate paying the vultures royalties, for old songs, which will never
get back to the authors (or their estates) when 'administration' costs are
extracted.
Not funny, nor hysterical either.
More power to Yellow Thunder Woman and Robin Davey for saying it as it is.
And advocating the new marketing tool to get the kids to their concerts -
free downloads to show how good they are.
It happened last year with an English 'rock' group, to the dismay of the
record companies.
(Mentioned at the time here on the DJML.)
Over to you Mister Wiggins.
Kind regards,
Bill.