[Dixielandjazz] The Downfall of the music industry.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 1 20:47:02 PDT 2006

This is hysterical.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

The Downfall of the music Industry (Its a beautiful thing)

Hey People

I have never encountered such a desperate race of people as those involved
in the American Music Industry and I will tell you why.

Today as I entered Ralph's (a famous California grocery chain store) the
door was flanked by about 20 or so paparazzi photographers with their lenses
eagerly pointed towards the inside of the store. What each of those vulture
like beings had their photographic devices transfixed on was a baseball
hatted Jessica Simpson. As I observed her in the fresh produce isle ambling
along appearing to ponder which cucumber she should buy or how many grapes
she desired, the photographers clambered for their utmost position and
perfect shot. I went along minding my own business buying some vitamin water
and chips and bean dip. Then just as I exited the store, so did Simpson, she
didn't buy anything, she made her way to her waiting SUV surrounded by
paparazzi clicking her every move. This is what today's pop stars resort to
for publicity, tipping off every major paparazzi photographer that she will
be in Ralph's at a given time just so they get that added little piece to
promote their album or single or new line of underwear. How *******
desperate is that?. What happened to the real artist, what happened to
people who made music because they actually had something to say or
experiences to share.

This art died off when the blues were stolen from the people who meant it by
people who understood the business of it. Glamorizing and diluting it for
the masses taking out the hardship and injecting it with a ****-**, spewing
its glitter filled **** onto the wives of little boys unable to grow up
because society says they don't have to anymore. They are too busy showing
their monster trucks to their muscle bound buddies to worry about pleasing
their girlfriends needs. This leads to their women searching for
satisfaction else where consuming these magazines containing the pathetic
lives of the rich and famous. Which leads to Jessica Simpson's puerile and
utterly unimaginative publicity team setting up a stunt like I witnessed
today.

The sad thing is, is that this then stimulates the ******* record companies
to try and sell every other band in the same way. Every band that signs to
one of these Major labels is quickly thinned out, glossed over and pushed
out the other side stripped of anything worthwhile ready to please the
desperate masses with their desperate music. Desperate because it has no
personality of its own, its just desperately trying to appeal to the
desperate people who have no personality because they are desperate to
appear like Jessica Simpson who's desperately trying to appeal to the
desperate people who buy those magazines.

But this is when it gets good!!!! THE RECORD INDUSTRY IS COMPLETELY ******.
And this is the best possible thing that could ever happen to it, the best
possible thing that could happen to music, and the best possible thing that
could happen to you the consumer.

Right now there are hundreds of record company execs wandering what the ****
they can do to save their jobs because no one is buying music anymore. Well
you the people have spoken in the most powerful way possible. You have said
we are not prepared to give you our money anymore because what your giving
us is not worth it, and the record industry hates it because they don't know
what to do.

But this is what they should and inevitably will do, GIVE MUSIC AWAY FOR
FREE. YES FOR ******* FREE. The Majority of bands never make a cent from
album sales, and those who do only make about $1 a CD. They make their money
from touring or merchandise sales or performance royalties from radio and
TV. If they give their music away for free this will only enhance these
incomes.

But then how do the record companies make their money you ask, well they
don't. They all **** off and a new industry is born, and its advertising
led. How do you think myspace is free or you tube or google. Does it intrude
on your experience? no, there are just a couple of banners that you can
easily ignore. This is the future of music. isn't it brilliant? Music free
to everyone. The bands have more freedom to do what they want, more direct
connection with their fans, ability to release what they want when they want
and everything is paid for by selling advertising space on their website or
whatever their outlet.

And to show our willingness to participate in the future of music and
creativity, we The Bastard Fairies will start the ball rolling. We have made
our album and artwork free to download for everyone who wishes to. We just
ask one thing of you and that is that you return the favor by distributing
it for free amongst all your friends and then asking them to do the same,
and so on, and so on. This way you the people become the publicity, the
promotion and the distribution. Music by the people for the people.

Download the album now http://www.thebastardfairies.com

Lots of love Yellow Thunder Woman and Robin Davey.