[Dixielandjazz] San Diego Festival

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 21:39:07 PST 2006

Yes, this was the same Chloe that sat in with the Jammers last year. Apparently she is home-schooled and consequently does not participate in the typical school music programs.  Anyhow she also started out this year with the Jammers.  I saw her sit in with Mighty Aphrodite on two songs and Jeff Barnhart w/Paris Washboard on yet another.  When they asked her what tune she wanted to do, she asked to do Sweet Georgia Brown which is apparently in her comfort zone.  She did manage to do a very credible job on her second tune with Mighty Aphrodite (what the heck was it???)  including some nice improvisations.  I sure would have liked to have seen her with Draga and the Jazzdagen crew.

Kay in Gilroy  (just back home about an hour now...)