[Dixielandjazz] Megaphones

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Nov 17 10:03:40 PST 2006

That's the way the old fire megaphones were made with a sort of mouthpiece
that surrounded the mouth.  They were more like trumpets that the
traditional megaphone.  The sound was very focused.

I remember when I was a small kid seeing a singer with a band using a
megaphone.  Amplification systems hadn't become universal at that point.
Larry
St. Louis