[Dixielandjazz] Sancy Snow Jazz

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Nov 16 01:10:16 PST 2006

tcashwigg at aol.com wrote:
> Hi Gary:
>
> Since budget limitations have put a pause upon Yankee Musos on the bill
>  from the country where it all began and spread all around the world I
> would also suspect that the Sancy Snow Jazz festival will also have a
> very distinct shortage of Yankee Muso fans in attendance as well not to
> mention Euros.  It is much more economical to travel to New Orleans to
> hear the Two Yankees on your festival than to fly to France to hear
> them.  Not to mention they can play the same kind of low budget
> festivals here and their USA OKOM fans can see and hear them for a lot
> less for a ticket as well.

So true.  NOLA is much closer for most on this list.  Yet, I should
point out that at our 'low budget festival,'  musicians are paid about
twice what they get at festivals Stateside.  Plus, we are fed (ask Bob
Leary and Ralf Reynolds how much weight they gained), lodged and
transportation is covered.  All that and the festival is FREE to the public.

As for quality of musicianship, there are musos at Sancy that would
knock out American audiences.   Stan Laferrière, Philippe Milanta, Bruno
Rousselet, Guillaume Nouaux (played with Bob at Molly's wedding),
Sébastian Girardot (an Aussi), André Villéger, Nicolas Montier, François
Biensan, Julie Saury (yes, Maxime's daughter), Pierre Guicquéro, Marc
Verne, Michel Pastre, Pierre Christophe, François Fournet, Jérôme
Etcheberry (ask Bria Aphrodite what she thinks), Didier Desbois, Guy
Bonne, Denis Carterre, Gilles Chevaucherie, Stéphane Roger and Pierre
Jean are all outstanding players and a good number would make a hit on
the All Star or Jazz Party circuit in the States.  I'm not saying the
other musos at Sancy aren't any good; only that these above are
exceptional world class players.

All the best, Gary