[Dixielandjazz] The wave of the future was IPods, MP3s and CD

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 12 13:57:08 PST 2006

"Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com> wrote

> Ah, the unbelievers really die hard!

How very true.

> Barbone refuses once again to acknowledge the wave of the future.

Hard to believe you mean that. Chain pulling?

> The CD is dead . . . Long live the mp3!

Yes. Seems to me I posted several New York Times articles about that very
thing, as well as few other posts that highlighted electronic sources
whereby bands could get their music heard long before you "discovered" IPods
and switched from reactionary to futurist thoughts.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone