[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 47, Issue 28

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:22:15 PST 2006

Marty Nichols asks:

>In the case that I get an Ipod for Christmas, just how easy/difficult is it
>to put
>one's cd library on ? I think I have the needed equipment, a PC with CD
>player installed.
>Any one able to make it a few simple steps? Sorry if someone already did
>here and I missed it
>or lost it.

You may have what you need. Some software is required to convert the wav
files from the CD to mp3 files for the iPod.

Can you copy your CD tunes onto your computer hard drive? If so, then all
you would need would be an inexpensive program which would convert those
files to mp3s.

itself. The necessary software for that would automatically be included in
your iPod purchase. My digital camera connects to my computer and I can move
files easily back and forth between camera and computer.

I don't actually have an iPod yet, but I'm shopping for one myself. I'm
looking forward to loading every favorite song I ever enjoyed into it so I
can listen to my favorite music wherever I may be. Carrying the iPod around
is simplicity itself . . . it'll fit comfortably in your pocket.

Check it out.

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com