[Dixielandjazz] Advertising

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 7 12:34:13 PST 2006

 there is only one of you to sell for a particular night.  >>

Hi Larry,

why is that?  Form another group. There is a guy I used to play for who runs
a group called `French Connection`.  He can be covering 5 different gigs on
the same night. All with different guys making up the band. All under the
French Connection` label.

Don`t your newspapers announce Engagements?.  I always read them and then
rang  up the happy couple and angled for the wedding gig.

In my building materials business I always read in the local weekly
newspaper the list of Planning Permissions that had been granted then rang
up the person concerned and sold materials.

Once I just went  to a local pub, had a drink and talked the landlord into
giving me a gig, `just to see how it goes `. That gig went on once a week
for 5 years.

Cheers

Pat