[Dixielandjazz] Advertising

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Tue Nov 7 11:24:21 PST 2006

Larry,

Thanks for your insight.  I have found the yellow pages, both print and internet
have been of little value and I have never gotten my money back.  I have stopped
using them.

I have a lot of business cards with me and I tell people I am a "Jazz Clarinetist".
Many are intrigued and I give them a card.  It is surprising how often, several
years later I will get a call and the person will say "I don't know how I got your
card, but I am interested in using your band".

I keep thinking I should get two of those magnetic signs and hang them on my car the
way the building contractors do.  Then I am advertising all the time as I run
errands, etc.

Russ Guarino
Jazz Clarinetist.