[Dixielandjazz] union horror stories!

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Sat Nov 4 06:50:20 PST 2006

Enjoyed the stories about union problems, past and present!

My long time drum instructor, near great Johnny Speidel, was chucked out of
the union back in the fifties for allowing a friend to sit in on a set. The
union man just happened to show up and went around checking cards.

But the funniest mistake I ever heard of was when President Truman and  union
president Petrillo (sp?) tried to play the "Missouri Waltz" together and
each chose a different key!!

            Ted