[Dixielandjazz] NYC OKOM FESTIVAL CANCELLED

coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net coastsidegiraffe at comcast.net
Wed May 31 18:58:48 PDT 2006

Sad news indeed.  However, just to throw in my 2 cents worth... the Bob Schulz Frisco Jazz Band was one of "the other 3 bands" and there were quite a few of us here in the Bay Area that were looking forward to going to this event.  It was not, however, very actively publicized here, except by Bob's band.  I'm hoping the organizer will give it another shot in the future.  We all know NYC is an expensive place to visit, but when you go to NYC you expect to spend more.

Nice to know there's a plethora of trad jazz in NYC...you can't ever have too much trad!

Just spent 4 days up in Sacramento at our wonderful Sacramento Jubilee followed by a Scobey and Clancy Hayes tribute concert Monday night in San Jose put on by the San Francisco Traditional Jazz Foundation.

I think we might have a plethora of trad jazz out here too!  And we have lots of wonderful festivals.  Plus...we're not as expensive as NYC.  Come on out here!

From: Steve barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>

--
Karen in Pacifica, CA
I get up, I walk, I fall down.  Meanwhile, I keep dancing!--