[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixie Chicks

Michael Janski michaeljanski at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 17:56:18 PDT 2006

On May 31, 2006 6:01:08 PM EDT, Bob Ringwald wrote:

Just because someone makes a lot of money playing music, does not
necessarily mean that they are "more intelligent than most people on the
planet."  In fact, they could be dumb as a rock.  I certainly don't know for
sure, do you?

The stupidest person on the planet could be twanging a guitar & have some
smart promoter hear him or her & promote that stupid person into making
millions of dollars.  And there is a good chance that the person who is
doing the promoting is making more money than the stupid person twanging the
guitar."

I have to agree with Bob. The promoters know that (since the advent of MTV)
John Q. Public in this country listens to music with his eyes. Think about
how that applies to "the Chicks".

Michael