[Dixielandjazz] New Turk Murphy Jasmine CD

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 11 18:24:44 PDT 2006

> Dear friends,
> Following Fr Mike Logsdon's information regarding the forthcoming (9th June
> 2006) UK Jasmine 2-CD set featuring Turk Murphy and my earlier replies to
> the list, I have been able to establish that the Jasmine CD set comprises
> the following:
> ALL 38 (total) sides from the following US Columbia LPs:
>   CL 546 'When The Saints Go Marching In'
>   CL 559 'Music of Jelly Roll'
>   CL 793 'New Orleans Jazz Festival'
> (all recorded between August and December 1953.)
> An additional tune "Got Dem Blues" from the San Francisco, December 14, 1953
> 'Saints' sessions (CL 546) has been added:
>   C050521    Got Dem Blues        Columbia JZ-1, Philips B07100L

This is very good news, as I've mentioned before.  Even though Columbia
doesn't have the cajones to do such reissuing, at least they have the
good sense to let someone else do it.  Funny they didn't start with #1,
Barrelhouse Jazz???  Maybe Columbia's calling the shots as to reissue
order, as a condition of permission...,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org