[Dixielandjazz] New Turk Murphy Jasmine CD

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 11 16:46:38 PDT 2006

Dear friends,
Following Fr Mike Logsdon's information regarding the forthcoming (9th June
2006) UK Jasmine 2-CD set featuring Turk Murphy and my earlier replies to
the list, I have been able to establish that the Jasmine CD set comprises
the following:
ALL 38 (total) sides from the following US Columbia LPs:
  CL 546 'When The Saints Go Marching In'
  CL 559 'Music of Jelly Roll'
  CL 793 'New Orleans Jazz Festival'
(all recorded between August and December 1953.)
An additional tune "Got Dem Blues" from the San Francisco, December 14, 1953
'Saints' sessions (CL 546) has been added:
  C050521    Got Dem Blues        Columbia JZ-1, Philips B07100L
Columbia JZ-1 was a 1955 jazz compilation LP titled 'I Like Jazz'.
[Ellington, Brubeck, Wally Rose, Turk, etc.]
Philips B07100L may have been the European equivalent of JZ-1, but I do not
know. Maybe our Dutch mate Gerard Bielderman can advise regarding this.
Kind regards,
Bill.