[Dixielandjazz] Re: N.O. J & H Festival

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon May 8 20:34:12 PDT 2006

Rebecca Thompson at rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net wrote: (about a newspaper
reference to Kidd Jordan's Second Line that I posted)

> I don't remember hearing "Kidd Jordan's Second Line."  Is it known by
> another name?

I don't know. Perhaps Sheik or one of the other sheet music transcribers,
collectors knows. Me? I'm just an old fashioned jazz musician who plays two
different tunes, both called "Second Line"

The first one is also known as Joe Avery Blues. The second we just call
Second Line #2. Never saw the sheet music or a lead sheet on either. Learned
them both from other musicians and hearing Rebirth, Dirty Dozen and other
bands play them. Both very simple tunes for anyone with a minimum of
training to play.

BTW, the on line newspaper miss spelled "Kid", adding an extra "d" in error.
Should be Kid Jordan. (I think)

I'm not even sure if that is the other second line we play, never having
heard it announced that way.

Cheers,
Steve