[Dixielandjazz] Re:"Kidd Jordan's Second Line." was N.O. J & H Festival

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon May 8 21:22:48 PDT 2006

I just listened to the ReBirth version of "Kidd Jordan's Second
Line." (that is the way Kidd is spelled on the album, "Kickin' It
Live" BTW.) It is NOT "Paul Barbarin's Second Line"  nor a version of
"Joe Avery's Piece" or "Tune" that is also often called "Second Line"
- it is a totally different song. I do not think it is in the
standard OKOM song list - I don't recall ever hearing any West Coast
band doing it.

Dave Richoux