[Dixielandjazz] Scott Joplin Memorial Concert at St. Michael's Cemetery on May 13

Ed Berlin edberlin at optonline.net
Wed May 3 20:41:24 PDT 2006

This is the second annual Scott Joplin concert held at St. Michael's
Cemetery, where Joplin was buried on April 5, 1917. This year's concert
will begin at 1 p.m. on May 13. Performers are pianists Aaron Diehl,
Terry Waldo, and singer Ruth Brisbane. I will give a pre-concert talk at
12:30.

St. Michael's Cemetery is located at 7202 Astoria Blvd., East Elmhurst,
NY, across the parkway from La Guardia Airport, a little closer to the
Whitestone Bridge. Admission and refreshments are free.

As the organizers at St. Michael’s would like to have an idea of how
many attendees to plan for, they ask that you call ahead at
718-278-3240. (I'm sorry, but I will not be able to respond to emails
during the next week.)

Ed Berlin