[Dixielandjazz] Brand New Jon Erik Kellso CD

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 28 06:44:17 PST 2006

Self explanatory note from Kellso. If you are a fan, buy it.

Cheers,
Steve

Just wanted to let you know that I have a brand-spankin' new CD out now,
my first as a leader since "Chapter 2: The Plot Thickens,"  which was
recorded ten years ago on the Arbors label, and is now out of print.
The new one is called "Kellso's BC Buddies." BC stands for British Columbia.

This album was recorded at my pal Simon Stribling's studio in Vancouver,
Canada, July, 2005,  with Don Ogilvie on acoustic guitar (and amplified
guitar on 1 track, and oud on one song!), Lauri Lyster on drums and
percussion, Sean Cronin on bass, and guest appearances by Bria Skonberg
singing "Somebody Loves Me," and Simon Stribling on trumpet, alto, and
tenor.  I even sing one song,"My Honey's Loving Arms" (a first--and possibly
last--bound to make this a collector's item)!  Fun stuff, a nice mix of
traditional jazz, mainstream, swing, dixieland, whatever ya wanna call the
kind of stuff I do. I self-produced it, my new label is called Gen-Erik
Records. really.

 There are 10 tracks:
1. The Blue Room
2. Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
3. My Honey's Lovin' Arms
4. I Surrender, Dear
5. When Lights Are Low
6. My Walkin' Stick
7. If You Never Come To Me
8. Somebody Loves Me
9. Who
10. If We Never Meet Again

You can buy it on eBay if you want to use Paypal--click away:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem=4857079147=1=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT
=1>

Jon-Erik Kellso's BC Buddies, brand new CD, eBay Item number: 4857079147
Seller: jonnybogue  900 available.