[Dixielandjazz] King Oliver and Frank Guarente

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Thu Mar 23 20:57:09 PST 2006

Dear Anton,
After reviewing many possibilities I have been unable to add to what you
know. The suggestion about Laurie Wright's book is great but much of his
coverage of Joe's career is perhaps more discographical than biographical at
times.You might try a letter or phone call to him, as far as I know he
disdains email. Incidentally, he has recently published a 272-page book on
Preston Jackson, in which I am sure he continues his scholarly contribution
to jazz literature. With regards.
Fred