[Dixielandjazz] Re: There'll Come A Day/Time

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 16 07:46:27 PST 2006

Bill,
As usual - a "tour de force" on the subject.

Before I read it completely I'll comment on one thing.
You said:
.>>Perhaps you misread the first title "There'll Come A DAY".

Indeed...
I had been dealing with all the "There'll Come a (whatever)"
titles at the time I wrote the note and unconsciously mis-typed
the title I had in mind. I was trying to point out that
Anderson's chart for the "There'll Come A Time"
(almost did it again) song by Brooks, cited at least 2 recordings
that were of the "Manone" tune. In my search for info I found
no reference to Arodin et. al., but I have the Rampart St.
Paraders LP and shall look at that as well. Maybe more on
this after I re-read your information-rich response.
--as I think I need to also look at another song in Anderson
that your note triggered in my mind.

I've found more of these mis-leading citings in Anderson
and my lead sheets usually try to point it out and correct the
errors. But I do it after actually listening to the cited recordings
  to  verify my disagreement.

Thanks and warm regards,
Craig Johnson (pidgen-jazz cornet player)
The Maine Street Paraders.