[Dixielandjazz] "Kids", was Kids Dancing

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 8 16:34:52 PST 2006

Tom,

We (the Maine Street Paraders) just played a "Mardi Gras Dinner" at a local
relatively small college  --University of New England in Biddeford Maine.
We played for 2 hours during dinner. About an hour later they also had
a zydeco band (tough to find in Maine, but apparently there is one.)

They too searched us out via our website. It was a success and have been told
that they want us back next year for the same occassion.
As it was scheduled during dinner, there was no dancing -- too bad.
I think I'll lobby with the coordinator to encourage dancing next year.
They put together some pretty good jumbalaya, dirty rice etc.
and fed the band in addition to paying a decent wage.

Regards,
Craig Johnson