[Dixielandjazz] "Kids", was Kids Dancing

Tom Duncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Wed Mar 8 15:48:48 PST 2006

Steve Barbone emphasizes the importance of accessing the kid's market and
has expanded his gig calendar be doing so . . .

He recently wrote, "We are playing 4 swing dances at Universities in this
area this spring. Age group 17 to 35. Packed events 200 to 400, to see one
band play for 3 hours."

Jim Kashishian has shared his experiences in Spain in playing to many club
audiences with an age range probably well under 35. A few pictures are worth
a great many words and Jim recently wrote, "The picture shows a normal,
every night of the week crowd at the Cafe Populart, Madrid.    :>

http://www.kashprod.com/eng/index.php?mostrar=noticias "

Talk about smiles on faces :-), how do you spell P_A-R-T_Y ?

The market is out there and marketing and publicity can help. We have booked
a gig at Vassar College in May for their jazz concert series. They sought us
out (from our website) and wanted a "hot, Dixieland band", so there must be
some interest and exposure . . Maybe from home or jazz history courses or
Ken Burns, who knows? It is out there and I share the client's comment in
his booking email:

"Ok we can definitely have you guys come and we are very excited."

The event is outdoors (or in if it rains) on a weekday evening and we look
forward to it. Hope that we get those smiles and lovely vistas in front of
the bandstand that Jim and Steve have written about.

Regards,

Tom Duncan
201-836-6076
www.doctordubious.com